With its iconic black and white stripes beckoning from storefronts around the globe, Sephora isn’t just a beauty store—it’s a beauty experience. From the moment you walk through its doors or browse its online aisles, you’re transported into a realm where makeup, skincare, fragrance, and self-expression intertwine. In this blog post, we’ll dive into some tricks, secrets and shopping tips regarding Sephora.
1. Samples, samples, samples – Did you know that you ask for a sample of any product at Sephora? Explain to the seller that you want to try the product before buying. You can ask for a sample of any product in the store, including makeup, skincare, and fragrances. It happened to me. I was with a friend at a Sephora and was super curious about a product from Benefit, and the seller was super solicitous and gave us a sample so we could try it.
2. Free Makeovers – a Sephora beauty expert will give you a free 15-minute makeover, no purchase is required and no appointment is necessary. You can choose Smoky Eye, Perfect Lips, Treat & Conceal, Blush & Bronze, Everyday Eye, Essential Eyeliner, Flawless Foundation, and False Lashes. There are also full-face makeovers available, but they require a minimum purchase of $5o.
3. Beauty Insider – Sephora Beauty Insider program is completely free. When you sign in, you can get a birthday present – you can get at any of the stores during the month of your birthday (yes, free, without purchases – or free with a purchase on the website). In addition, with each purchase in a store or on the website, you earn points (which can be exchanged for products), go up in status, and gain access to more benefits. You can check all the details on the program page.
4. Beauty Classes – Sephora stores here in the USA offer free Beauty classes. There are free classes at all Sephora locations in NY. In addition to learning makeup techniques, you can try the products differently. The classes are 100% free; you only need to be enrolled in the Beauty Insider program.
5. Biggest Sephora location in the US is in NYC – in March, Sephora opened its largest US store in Herald Square, near Macy’s, one of the busiest areas of the city.It’s approximately 11,380 square feet and contains over 13,300 products. It’s one of six Sephora Beauty TIP Workshop concept stores in North America. These stores are unlike the average Sephora store not just because of their size but also due to the fact they provide a variety of interactive and experiential tools and services such as Moisture Meter, a technology that is able to measure the amount of moisture in your skin and the FragranceIQ station. This station helps you discover the right fragrance for you and even personalize a bottle with your initials. It is certainly a store that is worth visiting if you are passionate about beauty. 112 W 34th St.
Content creator and journalist in New York City. Here, I share lifestyle, beauty, NYC tips, thoughts, and the struggles about living in the most amazing city in the world! I’m not gonna pretend to be another person: I’m a Brazilian immigrant and I think this is my soul, it is part of who I am. I hope you enjoy my content! Follow me on Instagram!